Independence Law Center: Advancing Self-Evident Truths.
The Independence Law Center is affiliated with the Pennsylvania Family Institute, a non-profit, 501(c) (3) organization funded through tax-deductible contributions. Using skilled litigation, policy development and education, we fight to defend citizen rights to exercise religious and other First Amendment freedoms. Our aim is to protect and advance self-evident truth through engaging our culture.
The rights of individuals, churches and even businesses can never truly be declared safe from attack. The Independence Law Center is a vigilant advocate for your liberties. We stand ready to provide information about your constitutionally guaranteed rights, and take every opportunity to inform audiences about the equally important responsibilities of citizenship.
Independence Law Center is ready to stand with you in one or more of the following ways:
- If you are a public school parent who believes your child was prevented from sharing his faith, or including religious references in a school assignment.
- If you are a state legislator seeking model legislation related to religious rights, First Amendment liberties, or the common good.
- If you are a teacher prevented from appropriately expressing your convictions (i.e. wearing a cross necklace in the classroom.)
- If you are a township or borough official interested in reviewing legal options to limit sexually oriented businesses.
- If you are a public school administrator, and want to learn about the legality of presenting competing classroom theories on origins of life.
- If you are a citizen or public official interested in protecting religious Christmas displays in public spaces.
- If you are a landlord and have religious objections to renting to unmarried couples.
- If you have uncovered or experienced government action trampling on First Amendment liberties.